BOTH City Gables and Uptown Plaza properties
- Every resident at least 18 years old must complete applications in full.
- Incomplete, inaccurate or falsified information will be grounds for denial.
- If your application comes back approved with conditions, an additional deposit will be required – not to exceed one full months’ rent.
- All residents are qualified using the same rental criteria – 4 qualifying factors – Income, Credit, Rental, Criminal
- $50 application fee (per adult)
- Credit History will be used to qualify; not qualified on credit score alone
- A credit report will be run on every tenant. No credit, damaged or poor credit will result in additional deposit.
- The applicant must have some form of income source, employment or verification of starting employment within a reasonable time from the start of the lease. If self-employed, you need to provide the latest tax return. If you are a full-time student and your primary source of income is from your parent or guardian they will need to co-sign your application. Their application will be processed along with yours, there is a $50 application fee, and we will run the credit check. Your co-signer must be approved in order to rent the property. They would then need to be on the lease as well.
- Must provide current pay-stub(s) for the last 2 months, from your employer or documented proof of income other than employment is required and must be emailed to the property. Verifiable income or liquid assets equal to two and one-half times the total annual rent will be required for unemployed applicants. (Verifiable income may be 2 year proof of bank accounts, spousal/child support, trust account, social security, unemployment, or grant/loans).
- Good rental history – No evictions within 3 year time frame – unless settled or dismissed in appropriate time frame
- A criminal history / background check will be run on every applicant and the following will not dismiss (screen out) an applicant from qualifying, relative to Criminal History:
- Misdemeanor or gross misdemeanors – A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any felony for which dates of sentencing is older than 3 years.
- Felonies – A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any felony for which dates of sentencing is older than 7 years.
- Violent Felonies – A conviction, guilty plea or no-contest plea for any violent felony for which dates of sentencing is older than 7 years – 1st degree assault, 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree murder, aggravated robbery, 1st degree manslaughter, 1st degree arson, kidnapping, 1st degree criminal sexual conduct.
- Pending charges or outstanding warrants for any of the above will result in a suspension of the application until charges are resolved. Properties will not be held off market while awaiting resolution of pending charges.
- No dogs allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed – includes Apartments, Balconies, Common Areas.
- Each apartment pays their own utilities: 100% of electricity; and 90% of the water, trash and gas – AUM/RealPage
Heat, gas and water allocations are calculated by number of occupants in unit, days per month and square footage.
- Examples of bills are available by contacting AUM/RealPage. Utility bills vary according to time of year, size apartment and # of people; but average $45–$125 per month (not including electricity).
Landlord Approved Tenant Liability Insurance – Renters Insurance
Required Property Damage Liability Insurance: NOTICE! All Tenants are required to maintain property damage liability insurance on behalf of the Landlord and Property Manager. Coverage is required in the amount of One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00) for damage to both Landlord’s and third parties’ property with the provisions covering at least the perils of fire, smoke, explosion, accidental water discharge and sewer backup. Tenants are required to name ZPG Companies llc., as an “Interested Party”.
Such a policy shall be written not contributing with, and not in excess of coverage that Landlord may carry, and must waive all rights of subrogation against Landlord and Property Manager. It is agreed that Landlord carries insurance for its protection, and that the Tenant is not a beneficiary of such insurance. Tenant shall be responsible to Landlord for all costs of repair for damages as stated in the Lease regardless of existing Landlord insurance.
Residents may purchase Roost Renters Insurance through resident’s online portal…. Tenants may OPT OUT of purchasing this required insurance through landlord’s preferred insurance provider at any time by providing written proof of the following three items:
- Evidence of Required Insurance levels to show the Policy is in effect, when it will start & end, and who is named on the policy.
- ZPG Companies llc., must be named as an “Additionally Interested” party to the insurance binder provided by the tenant.
- The Tenant Liability coverage has to be equal to or greater than: $100,000 in Tenant Liability Coverage to the Property.
Cost through Roost Renters Insurance is dependent on coverage amounts – usually $12.00 per month plus a $3.00 per month administration fee for a total of $15.00 per month, per home (amounts are subject to change). Tenants are required to carry Tenant Liability Insurance. Unless a Tenant Opts Out of this insurance by following the steps above, a policy will be automatically provided to the Tenant for $15.00 per month.
Using an Insurance Provider Outside of Property Manager Preferred Vendor: Tenant has the right to Opt Out of this requirement by providing adequate coverage as illustrated above and approved by ZPG Companies llc, prior to lease execution.
Failure to Maintain Insurance: If the tenant’s coverage for their independently self-procured tenant liability insurance is lapsed by either non-payment or non-renewal after lease execution, ZPG Companies llc / Appfolio will place that tenant under Roost Renters Insurance; this program by default for $15.00 per month plus a one-time $50.00 set-up fee – dependent on coverage amounts (amounts are subject to change). www.appfolio.com/onlineportal
Uptown Plaza only
- Proof of income (must meet 2.5 times the rent qualification).
- $600 security deposit (on approved credit) – See Credit Criteria
- Cats OK with $100 nonrefundable pet deposit and $10 month pet fee
City Gables only
- Proof of income (must meet 3 times the rent qualification).
- $300 security deposit (on approved credit) – See Credit History Criteria
- Cats OK with refundable $150 pet deposit and $25 month pet fee
- 650 or better credit score – Good Credit History; not qualified on credit score alone
Thank you for your interest in our properties.
Our residents love it here! Come be part of our community !!
If we can be of any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.